40-hour Domestic Violence Training
Thanks for your interest in being trained to serve survivors of domestic violence!
YWCA Evanston/North Shore is an approved ICDVP training site for the 40-hour domestic violence training, which provides a solid base of knowledge for anyone working with individuals affected by domestic violence. The training covers all ICDVP required topics using a trauma informed lens.
- January 23- February 3, 2023
- April 17-28, 2023
- July 17- 28, 2023
Started in 1983, YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s Domestic Violence Program is the only comprehensive domestic violence program in northeastern Cook County. Our continuum of services for survivors includes:
- Crisis Intervention
- Emergency Shelter
- Community Counseling
- Children’s Counseling
- Legal Advocacy
- Longer term supportive housing
Our trainers all have years of experience, both as educators and as service providers. Where beneficial, we bring in guest trainers with more in-depth knowledge on specific topics.
The training covers all topics mandated by ICDVP:
- Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Empowerment Counseling
- Criminal and Civil Legal Issues
- Safety Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Teen Dating Violence
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Introduction to Partner Abuse Intervention Strategies
- Connection to Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Dynamics within LGBTQ Communities
- Elder Abuse
- Supporting People with Disabilities
- Self and Community Care
Trainings are held in person at YWCA Evanston/North Shore from 9 am -2 pm.
Participants must attend all scheduled sessions in order to receive the 40-hour certificate.
$225 for individuals