Creating community leaders
Our program uses creative and experiential learning activities to promote and develop healthy relationships amongst their peers and the community. Our intention is to assist them in becoming leaders in their schools and communities. Our programming schedule includes our summer programming in partnership with the City of Evanston and our after-school program with Spring and Fall sessions. Concepts and skills taught include:
- Civic/Community Engagement
- Exploring Identity, Status, and Privilege
- Understanding Equity
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Boundaries and Consent
- Standing By or Standing Up
- Money Management/Employment & Life Skills
- Cultural Humility and Inclusion
- Self-Care and Accessing Resources for themselves and others
YWCA currently hosts our Youth Leadership Program in the Fall and Summer. To apply, contact Marius Powell, Youth Advocacy Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Read more about our Youth Leaders!
- Meet our Summer Youth Leaders! – YWCA Evanston/North Shore (ywca-ens.org)
- YWCA Evanston/North Shore graduates first class from new Summer Youth Leadership Program – Evanston RoundTable