“Reel” Talk Films
Watch, think, react, share, listen, learn! “Reel” Talk Films provide another forum to challenge your thinking and deepen your understanding about issues of race and racism. Our bi-monthly “Reel” Talks feature a movie or video followed by facilitated discussion. Please join us!
Our next “Reel” Talk event has not yet been scheduled. Please join our Equity Institute mailing list to learn about upcoming opportunities. In the meantime, consider scheduling your own movie night!
Have your own movie night:
Here are a few videos you could view on your own or with your family, friends, or co-workers to challenge your thinking and jump start conversation:
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Danger of the Single Story
- Mellody Hobson: Color Blind or Color Brave?
- Verna Myers: How to Overcome our Biases? Walk BoldlyToward Them!
- Clint Smith:How to Raise a Black Son in America
- Jay Smooth: How to Tell People They Sound Racist
- Jay Smooth: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race
- Bryan Stevenson: Can We Talk About an Injustice?
- Tim Wise: On White Privilege (a 9:00 clip)