Partner with us!
Since 1931, YWCA Evanston/North Shore has been a force for good in northeastern Chicagoland. Empowering women and eliminating racism are at the heart of everything we do.
Today, YWCA Evanston/North Shore continues to be at the forefront of social justice with innovative programming that changes lives.
We are the largest provider of comprehensive domestic violence services and relationship violence prevention programs in Chicago’s northern suburbs. We are a leader in delivering customized racial equity education and training. Our financial education and growing workforce development programs help women across our communities build the skills and confidence they need to create greater economic stability for themselves and their families.
We invite you to partner with us today! Together we can transform lives and have an even greater impact on individuals and families in our communities.
Ways to Partner
Each year, we reach over 10,000 families throughout Chicagoland with comprehensive programs and services in four key areas: workforce development, racial and gender equity training, aquatics water safety, and domestic violence services. Your financial investment can help fund this critical work.
Domestic Violence – Comprehensive support for adults and children who are survivors of domestic violence. Our programs include emergency shelter, longer-term housing, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, and safety planning. Each year over 600 survivors receive shelter and supportive services that help them begin their journey to healing, safety, and independence.
Economic Advancement – Job training and financial education help women escape cycles of poverty and violence, and weather personal and family crises. Our economic advancement programs empower women to build the skills they need to create greater economic stability.
YWCA Equity Institute – YWCA’s commitment to racial and gender equity is longstanding and unwavering. Each year, we reach thousands of people with community training and education that provide the knowledge and skills needed to help eliminate barriers to systemic change.
Aquatics Access and Opportunity – Our mission-driven aquatics program provides swim lessons and swim team experiences for children throughout suburban Chicago. Through our generous scholarship program, our goal is to ensure that all children have access to high quality, age- appropriate, water-safety instruction, regardless of race, ethnicity or family income.
YWCA hosts several mission-focused special events that can support your social impact goals. As an event sponsor, your business will receive a variety of benefits including complimentary tickets, logo placement, social media promotion, and more.
- YWomen Leadership Celebration: Each year we celebrate and recognize women leaders in our community who are committed to advancing racial and gender justice in their communities. This annual gala of 400 attendees is a highlight of our community.
- Race Against Hate: The Ricky Byrdsong Memorial Race Against Hate attracts over 4,000 people each year from across Chicagoland to run and walk in unity against hatred and violence. This 5K/10K is YWCA’s signature special event and our largest fundraiser.
- Unite Against Racism: Our annual Unite Against Racism encourages and empowers individuals, businesses and students of all ages to publicly commit to taking action in support of racial justice.
- YWCA Swim Marathon: The Flying Fish Swim Marathon raises critical funds for our learn-to-swim and swim team programs. Each year, families gather to watch young swimmers challenge themselves to swim their personal best in support of YWCA programs and aquatics scholarships .
“In light of the tragic death of Ricky Byrdsong, there is something special about bringing employees together on Father’s Day to demonstrate that love, community, and kindness is more powerful than hate.” – Steve Hagerty, Hagerty Consulting, Race Against Hate Sponsor
Employer matching gifts indicate that your business cares about what your employees care about. Businesses that provide matching gifts often have more engaged and involved employees. YWCA’s Double the Donation portal on our website, makes it easy for your employees to find key details about your matching gift program.
YWCA Evanston/North Shore works with businesses to provide meaningful employee engagement and volunteer opportunities. Individuals or employee groups can participate in one-time service days or have an ongoing volunteer role with YWCA. We are especially excited to match the skills and expertise of your employees with the needs of our program participants.
Possible Volunteer Opportunities:
- Provide budgeting and accounting expertise for a YWCA financial literacy workshop
- Help with job placement and networking for students in our culinary training program
- Offer mentorships and internships for students in our YW Tech Lab coding program
- Participate in mock interviews and resume-writing workshops
- Be a financial wellness coach
- Help with registration or packet pick-up at the YWCA Race Against Hate
- Become a member of our Board of Directors or Advisory Council
The YW Equity Institute team consults with non-profit and for-profit organizations to develop strategies for creating more equitable workplaces. Additionally, our Violence Prevention team provides educational workshops on sexual harassment and domestic violence in the workplace.
Our team will work with your staff to develop a customized plan for achieving your equity goals.
Ready to partner? Let us know how we can work together to create positive change. Contact Kathy Slaughter, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-420 3272 to get started.