40-hour Domestic Violence In-Person Training
Thanks for your interest in being trained to serve survivors of domestic violence!
YWCA Evanston/North Shore is an approved ICDVP training site for the 40-hour domestic violence training, which provides a solid base of knowledge for anyone working with individuals affected by domestic violence. The training covers all ICDVP required topics using a trauma informed lens.
To apply, please complete the application at the bottom of this page, and we will be in touch with you to follow up. Thanks!
Started in 1983, YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s Domestic Violence Program is the only comprehensive domestic violence program in northeastern Cook County. Our continuum of services for survivors includes:
- Crisis Intervention
- Emergency Shelter
- Community Counseling
- Children’s Counseling
- Legal Advocacy
- Longer term supportive housing
Our trainers all have years of experience, both as educators and as service providers. Where beneficial, we bring in guest trainers with more in-depth knowledge on specific topics.
The training covers all topics mandated by ICDVP:
- Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Empowerment Counseling
- Criminal and Civil Legal Issues
- Safety Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Teen Dating Violence
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Introduction to Partner Abuse Intervention Strategies
- Connection to Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Dynamics within LGBTQ Communities
- Elder Abuse
- Supporting People with Disabilities
- Self and Community Care
All training will take place at our administrative offices:
YWCA Evanston/North Shore
1215 Church Street, Evanston, IL 60201
Community Room 207
Our March training is currently FULL. Feel free to register for the July, 2019 training.
March 12-22, 2019:
- Tuesday, March 12, 9 am-5 pm
- Wednesday, March 13, 9 am-5 pm
- Friday, March 15, 9 am-5 pm
- Tuesday, March 19, 9 am-5 pm
- Wednesday, March 20, 9 am-5 pm
- Friday, March 22, 9 am-5 pm
July 15-26, 2019
- Monday, July 15, 9 am-5 pm
- Wednesday, July 17, 9 am-5 pm
- Friday, July 19, 9 am-5 pm
- Monday, July 22, 9 am-5 pm
- Wednesday, July 24, 9 am-5 pm
- Friday, July 26, 9 am-5 pm
The training is $255 for participants.
Please complete the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get in touch with you. You will not be charged for the training until we have connected to make sure it’s the right fit for you and we’ve answered all your questions.