The Advancement Project
Are you interested in being paired with a volunteer financial coach to work towards greater financial stability?
If you have completed our Basic Money Management Course (or a money management class that covers budgeting and credit), and are interested in reducing expenses, paying down debt, starting to save, and are ready to invest time to create a financial plan, we invite you to enroll in the Advancement Project.
Apply today to be matched with a financial coach. You will determine your goal and action steps; your Financial Coach will support you towards its achievement.
As a result of your coaching sessions, you will develop positive financial habits and gain confidence about managing your money. You will empower yourself to reach your financial dreams.
To be considered eligible, you must:
- have completed YWCA’s Basic Money Management Course or a money management class that covers budgeting and credit
- be low- to moderate- income
- be employed at least part-time or have another source of income
- be motivated to improve your finances
- not be in a current financial crisis — such as foreclosure, eviction, bankruptcy
- be ready to commit your time
You will be paired with a coach who has completed the YWCA Evanston North Shore’s volunteer financial coaching training. Participants and coaches will meet according to their schedules. Monthly coaching sessions for a minimum of six months are encouraged and coaching pairs are encouraged to communicate on their progress outside of coaching sessions.
Specifically, as a participant you will:
- identify a financial goal
- identify obstacles to financial goal achievement and strategies to overcome them
- practice strategies
- receive regular support and guidance from your coach
- be eligible for incentives
How will you be successful?
- Have a positive attitude
- Be willing to try to new ideas
- Be dependable
- Be on-time
- monthly coaching sessions for a minimum of six months
- monthly financial workshops
- updates on progress outside of coaching sessions
After coaching is completed, staff will follow-up with participants at three month intervals for one year to check-on progress and provide needed support. This is optional.
Interested in receiving financial coaching?
Interested in becoming a volunteer financial coach?
To become a volunteer financial coach, register here for Volunteer Financial Coach Training or contact Women’s Leadership and Economic Empowerment Director Shannon Callahan at email@example.com or (847) 864-8445 for more information.