Illinois requires Salon Professions to be Trained on Domestic Violence
In 2017, Illinois passed HB 42464 requiring all salon professionals to receive 1-hour of training on sexual assault and domestic violence. The CE requirement of this new law was effective January 1, 2019 and the CE requirement will be in effect for September 2019 licensure renewals for cosmetologists and estheticians.
Salon professionals are key allies in helping fight the epidemic of domestic abuse in Illinois, where 1 in 4 women experience abuse and 1 in 5 women are sexually assaulted. Salon professionals are in the unique position to recognize the signs and symptoms of abuse in their clients and co-workers and discretely refer them to supportive services.
Why Train with YWCA Evanston/North Shore?
- We have trainers certified by the IDFPR.
- We are the largest provider of comprehensive domestic violence services serving north suburban Cook County for over 30 years.
- We have trained thousands of professionals on how to recognize the signs of domestic violence and appropriately refer clients for support.
- We are local! We know your community because we are your neighbors. We will be here after the initial training to provide ongoing training support or follow up as needed.
- During a training on domestic violence, attendees who have experienced domestic violence can often experience emotional distress. It is important as an employer you have a trained professional on site who knows how to appropriately respond to your staff. If you know you have survivors of domestic violence on staff, we can also provide an on-site counselor during the training. Fees for this service will be included in your service agreement.
Sign up for a Training Today!
- $25 per person
- $20 per person for groups of 25 or more
Please select below whether you’d like to attend an upcoming training at YWCA or host a training on site for your employees.