Join YWCA Evanston/North Shore and its partners, the Northeastern Illinois Human Service Alliance, a regional council of Illinois Partners for Human Services, for a full-day of training on the ins and outs of nonprofit advocacy and lobbying. Many nonprofits are unclear what they can and cannot do and how they properly report their activities to the IRS. Bolder Advocacy is leading this training which covers the following topics:
- Advocacy and Lobbying 101: Legal Tips for 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Advocates
- How to maximize your advocacy, the kinds of advocacy activities 501(c)(3)s can engage in, and when a communication is considered lobbying.
- Lobbying 201: Record Keeping and Reporting for 501(c)(3) Organizations that Lobby
- How to track and report your advocacy activities to the IRS.
- Nonpartisan Advocacy in Partisan Times
- Understand the activities you can do and how to do certain types of activities in a way that does not appear partisan.
- Assessing and Strengthening Your Advocacy and/or Community Organizing Capacity
- Understand how to assess organizational advocacy capacity so your organization can respond to important advocacy opportunities. Tools will be presented to help you measure organizational capacity and effectively plan AND evaluate advocacy activities.
9:30 am registration
10:00 am – 4:00 pm training
Morning snack and lunch provided
Free parking lot and street parking available.
Available by CTA Noyes Station on the Purple Line, a 5 minute walk to the Civic Center.
Space is ADA accessible.