The Advancement Project
Are you interested in being paired with a volunteer financial coach to work towards greater financial stability?
If you have completed our Basic Money Management Course (or a money management class that covers budgeting and credit), and are interested in reducing expenses, paying down debt, starting to save, and are ready to invest time to create a financial plan, we invite you to enroll in the Advancement Project.
Apply today to be matched with a financial coach. You will determine your goal and action steps; your Financial Coach will support you towards its achievement.
As a result of your coaching sessions, you will develop positive financial habits and gain confidence about managing your money. You will empower yourself to reach your financial dreams.
To be considered eligible, you must:
- have completed YWCA’s Basic Money Management Course or a money management class that covers budgeting and credit
- be low- to moderate- income
- be employed at least part-time or have another source of income
- be motivated to improve your finances
- not be in a current financial crisis — such as foreclosure, eviction, bankruptcy
- be ready to commit your time
After attending a Meet and Greet (see below), you will be paired with a coach who has completed the YWCA Evanston North Shore’s volunteer financial coaching training. Participants and coaches will meet according to their schedules. Monthly coaching sessions for a minimum of six months are encouraged and coaching pairs are encouraged to communicate on their progress outside of coaching sessions.
Specifically, as a participant you will:
- identify a financial goal
- identify obstacles to financial goal achievement and strategies to overcome them
- practice strategies
- receive regular support and guidance from your coach
- be eligible for incentives
How will you be successful?
- Have a positive attitude
- Be willing to try to new ideas
- Be dependable
- Be on-time
- monthly coaching sessions for a minimum of six months
- monthly financial workshops
- updates on progress outside of coaching sessions
After coaching is completed, staff will follow-up with participants at three month intervals for one year to check-on progress and provide needed support. This is optional.
Come meet us and learn more about the Advancement Project at an upcoming “Meet and Greet.” You’ll get a general overview of the program—the time commitment and coaching philosophy — and will have an opportunity to mingle with other potential participants and coaches.
Upcoming Meet and Greets
All Meet and Greets will take place in Room 207 at YWCA Evanston/North Shore, 1215 Church Street, Evanston. To see what time it will occur, click on the dates above. Please let us know you’re coming so we can plan! Register for the Meet and Greet by clicking on the date you’d like to attend above.
Contact Fabiola Alfonso at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (847) 864-8445 for additional information.
Contact Fabiola Alfonso at email@example.com or at (847) 864-8445.