“Reel” Talk Films
Watch, think, react, share, listen, learn! “Reel” Talk Films provide another forum to challenge your thinking and deepen your understanding about issues of race and racism. Our bi-monthly “Reel” Talks feature a movie or video followed by facilitated discussion. Please join us!
Next “Reel” Talk event:
June 24, July 1 & July 8
6:30 – 8:30 PM
YWCA Evanston/North Shore, Room 207 (1215 Church Street)
Join us to view and discuss “Race: The Power of an Illusion”, the 3-part series which provides strong background information about how we got to where we are today regarding “race” in this country. Come for one episode or be here for all three.
This is event is FREE but please RSVP below:
Have your own movie night:
Here are a few videos you could view on your own or with your family, friends, or co-workers to challenge your thinking and jump start conversation:
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Danger of the Single Story
- Mellody Hobson: Color Blind or Color Brave?
- Verna Myers: How to Overcome our Biases? Walk BoldlyToward Them!
- Clint Smith:How to Raise a Black Son in America
- Jay Smooth: How to Tell People They Sound Racist
- Jay Smooth: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race
- Bryan Stevenson: Can We Talk About an Injustice?
- Tim Wise: On White Privilege (a 9:00 clip)