“Reel” Talk Films
Watch, think, react, share, listen, learn! “Reel” Talk Films provide another forum to challenge your thinking and deepen your understanding about issues of race and racism. Our bi-monthly “Reel” Talks feature a movie or video followed by facilitated discussion. Please join us!
Next “Reel” Talk Film to come this fall. Check back for details!
Have your own movie night:
Here are a few videos you could view on your own or with your family, friends, or co-workers to challenge your thinking and jump start conversation:
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Danger of the Single Story
- Mellody Hobson: Color Blind or Color Brave?
- Verna Myers: How to Overcome our Biases? Walk BoldlyToward Them!
- Clint Smith:How to Raise a Black Son in America
- Jay Smooth: How to Tell People They Sound Racist
- Jay Smooth: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race
- Bryan Stevenson: Can We Talk About an Injustice?
- Tim Wise: On White Privilege (a 9:00 clip)