About Let’s Talk @ Lunch
As we learn to talk THROUGH the issue of racism (instead of around it), we need to share a common language, and deepen our understanding by looking at events and institutions through a racial equity lens.
One opportunity for such practice is our “Let’s Talk @ Lunch” program. Participants gather and YWCA provides a trained facilitator. All are welcome!
Register for Let’s Talk @ Lunch through Community Pass below (follow our guide to set-up a Community Pass account):
Articles we’ve discussed at Let’s Talk @ Lunch that you might find useful:
- The Case for Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- White people have a race — but everyone flips out when we talk about it by Jenée Desmond-Harris
- Letter to My Son by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- What’s Wrong with Cultural Appropriation? These 9 Answers Reveal Its Harm by Maisha Z. Johnson
- A Minute on Racism, recommended Facebook page