In middle school our bodies, identities, relationships, and more can all go through major changes. YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s Second Summer of Sex Ed is here to help young people navigate these changes. A trained, experienced educator will lead these inclusive, age-appropriate, and medically accurate sessions. This program is designed not just to deliver information, but to engage young people to develop comfort discussing sensitive subjects, become critical thinkers, build healthy relationships, and become advocates for their own health and wellness. All identities and experiences are welcome and celebrated here. Topics covered include:
- Gender and Sexual Identity
- Reproductive Anatomy, Puberty and Development, and Hygiene
- Birth Control and Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Healthy Relationships, Consent, and Decision-Making
Participants who attend a full session will receive a care package in the final session with school and self-care supplies! Light snacks will be provided.
All sessions will be from 1-3 PM. Select the dates and setting that work best for you.
- July 11-15 (in person at the YWCA)
- July 25-29 (on Zoom)
- Aug 8-12 (in person at the YWCA)