You’re invited to learn more about YW Culinary Training, YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s 12-week Job training Program!
YW Culinary is a free 12-week, paid job training program, presented in partnership with Howard Area Community Center, designed to prepare students for success in Chicagoland’s vibrant food service industry. This transformative opportunity is designed to prepare individuals for thriving careers in Chicagoland’s vibrant food service industry and to transform the narrative surrounding underrepresented individuals in the world of culinary arts.
The training is welcoming to those who are interested in a sustainable career in the food service industry.
YW Culinary Students:
- Develop culinary and food service skills.
- Earn a paid stipend while learning.
- Receive hands-on experience preparing bulk meals for YWCA’s Mary Lou’s Place domestic violence shelter.
- Develop employment skills such as communication skills, interview practice, and resume writing.
- Earn a ServSafe Food Handler and Manager’s Certificate
- Have access to YWCA financial education resources and workshops like Basic Money Management
- Gain industry knowledge and learn from guest chefs.
- Receive job placement and retention assistance.
Workforce Training: October 9 – December 1 *November 23 – 24 off
Internship: December 11 – January 5 *Week of December 25th off
YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s Economic Advancement program provides opportunities to become empowered, confident and competent through education, training, and engagement. Learn more here.