YW Culinary is a free 12-week job training program designed to prepare students for success in Chicagoland’s vibrant food service industry.
About this event
In this program you will learn:
- Culinary Skills
- Develop knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Prepare recipes and menus.
- Connect and cook alongside classmates
- Earn your ServSafe Food Handler’s Certification.
YW Culinary is available to traditionally underrepresented or vulnerable populations, such as women of color, survivors of domestic violence, and low-wage workers. The training is welcoming to those without a high school diploma or GED and individuals who are 18 years of age or older who are interested in a sustainable career in the food service industry.
YW Culinary will prioritize the following candidates for enrollment:
- those who are interested in a food service career
- Chicagoland area residents
- those who have not completed a bachelor’s degree
- those who have received a referral through a partner agency
All students must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 and show proof of vaccination.