February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month.
Most parents (82%) feel confident they can spot the signs of abuse, but fewer than half (42%) can correctly identify all the direct signs (Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. 2005)
Please join us for a free hour-long, discussion-based training covering:
- Understanding the warning signs and dynamics of teen dating violence
- Effective ways to talk with with teens about relationships and dating violence
- Resources to support survivors and to continue learning
- Wednesday, February 24, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Thursday, February 25, 12:00-1:00 pm
- Saturday, February 27, 2:00-3:00 pm
Led by Hallie Cohen, YWCA Violence Prevention Educator
Hallie leads the coordination and facilitation of the Building Healthy Relationships Program, a program designed to prevent relationship violence and build skills for healthy, safe relationships, taught in almost all D65 schools in Evanston. She has a Bachelor’s in Social Work and 5 years of prevention education experience. She is currently completing a Certificate in Adolescent Sex Ed Basics from Rutgers University.
Please complete the form below if you’d like to attend! We’ll follow up with a reminder and a Zoom link the day before the event. Thanks!