Join the Equity Institute in a 2-part anti-racism learning and practice series that focuses on somatic practices as a way to support racial equity, DEI, and other social justice facilitators in growing their embodied capacity to:
- Stay centered, aligned and on purpose throughout session implementation despite derailments or disruptions
- Address and dismantle the habits of white supremacy culture at internal, interpersonal and institutional levels
- Skillfully address oppressive language and behavior throughout sessions, including microaggressions
- Discharge unwanted charge and bounce forward towards equitable action
- Create a plan of action for sustainability
Sessions will include affinity group break out time for Black participants, non-Black POC, and white participants, with time to come together to debrief collective learning. All sessions will be facilitated on zoom, utilizing embodied methodologies to deepen collective learning.
Session 1: Thursday, June 30, 2022 3 – 6 PM CT
Session 2: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 3 – 6 PM CT
Attendance at both sessions is required
Note: This learning series is designed for practitioners with at least one year of experience facilitating anti-racism, racial equity, or other social justice change processes within organizations or communities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or for group registrations.
Session Facilitation Team
Murmur is a cultural strategy and training company that helps social change organizations focus their fire. They provide strategy, storytelling, retreat and training services to help teams connect more meaningfully to their purpose and each other.
Murmur Founder Nik Zaleski (she/they) is a facilitator, narrative artist, and intimate somatics coach who organizes her life around awe. She co-founded several social justice organizations and collectives that are still moving their impact through the world.